Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #99
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

It is good that other guards are stepping up. Gives Mavs better chance of landing Fultz if they end up not having number 1 pick. I was first to mention Markkanen on this board and really see him somewhat resembling Dirk. I do not mean talent, just doing similar things and would fit well into the system Rick has been running so far.

Unfortunately, Markkanen seems to have settled in to playing in the States. Was hoping that he has longer adjustment period and would be projected to go around 20th pick, so Mavs could perhaps find a way for late 1st round pick also.

In the end, Mavs have to go with need and talent, that would be a guy like Fultz. Markkanen could actually hurt Mavs because he is not good enough for defensive efforts and it is still unclear where Barnes ends up playing the most. I would not want Markkanen on center position any more than Dirk.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote