View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #62
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Philly isn't going to get rid of Iggy for nothing, and there is no way Mello will resign with Philly so that is out of the equation

It doesn't seem like Clippers want to trade Kaman but things can change I guess plus his contract while short term is bad, Philly is looking to rebuild and save some cap

Warriors aren't trading Ellis

New York is either getting Carmello or no one, they will save money so they can get him in the off season. They aren't going to trade for a guy with 4 years left on his contract and 50 mill about

Not sure why Rockets would trade Martin

A trade that would make sense is this:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3ytwv2b
The Sixers save money by trading 2 bad contracts (Brand is much worse than Terry's), they get a shooter to complement Turner. And they get an expiring in Butler. Mavs meanwhile getting a robbin, free up time for more minutes for Roddy at the 2 and 1. Make Marion a full starter. And get a decent player in brand (on his decline but still can play some), Mavs would also throw in picks
I dont know why you say the 76rs are wanting to "rebuild" they want to build around the talents they have. The problem with them is they have too many similar players. They need shooting/offensive fire power bad. They also need more size in the frontcourt.

Melo could be a good fit there if he chose to resign. If he doesnt then there's your expiring contract you say they want so much. Denver is going to go with whatever gives them the best return... JR Smith would even be attractive to the 76ers and Ive heard of Denver wanting to ship him lately.

Kaman would be a good fit with the 76rs and Iggy a fantastic fit with the Clippers whom still would have sufficient big men without Kaman and would fill a huge hole at SF. I could see the Clippers making the deal sweet enough for the 76rs to bite.

Ellis would be the offensive fire power that the 76rs need, and Iggy would turn the Warriors into a legit team. That backcourt of Curry and Ellis, while exciting, wont work defensively over time/the playoffs. Im sure Melo is the Warriors main/first target with Ellis though.

The Rockets would trade Martin because the Rockets are terrible and you never really know with them. If they would trade for Iggy, I dont know. Id have to know more about why they are so bad right now.

New York is going to go hard for Melo in the offseason and beforehand, but if they cant land a big star in the offseason then they may look at trading for Iggy at that point.

...Im sure there are more possibilities out there.

Now, your proposed trade. Id have to think real hard about. Terry is going to last longer than Brand and we need Terry's scoring more than we need a backup 4 that would play limited minutes. Either way, I still think we are down the list a bit. And then there is still the question if MBT would be up for such a deal. They weren't last trade deadline when that deal was pretty much offered for JHo/expirings. We didnt want to take back those big contracts.

Last edited by Robillion; 11-12-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote