View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #25
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
We have more than addressed defense needs but I'm wondering if we comprised some bench scoring in the process.

Most likely starters imo:
Luka/THJ/JRich/DFS/KP

Rotation bench players:
Brunson/Burke/Iwundu (or Green)/Maxi/Powell/WCS

Situational:
Boban/Johnson/Barea/Green (or Iwundu)/Terry

Brunson and Burke will have to carry the bench load offensively.
Compromised bench scoring by giving up Curry? He's the only one we lost who I feel like really contributed anything to the team. Next best player to him that we lost? Prolly Delon Wright and his 6.9 ppg in 21.5 mpg unless JJ Barea doesn't make the cut. His contributions offensively are better last season with 7.7 ppg in 15.5 mpg. Oh wait... Justin Jackson was better than him offensively with 5.5 ppg in 16.1 mpg. Lee? Reaves? Cleveland? Kidd-Gilchrist? I feel like none of those guys really contributed anything.

Biggest loss is easily Curry's 12.4 ppg in 24.6 mpg.

Mavericks played 75 games last year. Curry played 64, Wright played 73, and Jackson played 65. These guys were at least dependable.

18,175 minutes played by the team in those 75 games. Those 3 played 4,191 minutes. So about 23.06% of the time those guys were on the floor. Also they put up 22.06 ppg over the course of the full season combined. I didn't just add their ppg together. Otherwise it'd be 24.8 ppg and not indicative of their team production collectively over the course of the full season.

Can 3 of the new guys put up a combined 22.06 ppg in 55.87 mpg? If not, I hope they provide some lockdown defense. Regardless, I am excited.

Edit: I really think that Richardson, Iwundu, and Johnson alone can reproduce that offensive production. In fact, I think that they'll be slightly better over the course of the full season but will likely struggle to put together as many minutes.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 11-26-2020 at 01:00 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote