Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 12:37 AM   #146
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post

I'm in agreement with you that Iggy's salary should not be deterrent, though. *If* Josh for Iggy were on the table (and we don't know that it is, frankly) I'd very much hope the Mavs would take it, because I think he'd be worth the investment.
I'm in the camp of you take what you can get now, nothing is guaranteed in the summer. What happens if your assets are still the same but it doesn't net you a big catch...what do you sell to your fan-base then, what do you sell to Dirk? Would it be awesome if we could get LeBron, Wade, Bosh or someone high up on the list...of course it would, but I just don't really see all the dominoes falling where everyone abandons the team that they're currently on.

The two main guys in question (Martin and Iggy) bring two different styles to the SG position, both should help improve the Mavs. I'm easily down for either of them because it means we will be done with the Josh Howard experiment and new blood can continue coming into the mix with the key components of the roster.