View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #68
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
This is a false choice. I don't like "luxury assets" or "roster flexibility." I like having a quality roster that wins games.
And I'm sure we all like chocolate ice cream. At some point you have to nut up and make a choice. I'm sure the Cowboys would have liked to have had that second round draft choice. Instead, they decided that they preferred Morris Claiborne, the "luxury asset" (to help you understand what I mean by that), and could let the pick go.

Quote:
If you think that the way to get there is to spend indiscriminately into an incredibly punitive luxury tax, I don't know what to tell you.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where did "indiscriminate" and "incredibly punitive" come into play? Those are both entirely judgmental.

Quote:
And by the way, your "spend something" argument is a huge red herring. Cuban has been well above the luxury tax for years, and in the future, he will undoubtedly be at the absolute max of the salary cap. To imply that he's not willing to "spend something" is preposterous.
We talk a lot about spending, with Cuban. We don't talk much about revenue. His revenues are "well above" that of the average NBA team, are they not?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote