Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #1228
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to update my rankings until these two dates have passed:

May 15 - Lottery
May 20 - Combine

For one, I want to know where every team is picking before I even start thinking about who might be available. So much can change if we get bumped down a spot or two -- different teams can have radically different needs... Or what happens if we get the #2 pick? Is Doncic really the 2nd-best player in the draft? Hell, I have doubts that he's a shoo-in to get picked over an ace scorer like Bagley, who was projected to go #1 not too long ago.

And the second thing I want to know is how healthy is Michael Porter Jr? I think the combine is going to give us a much better idea of what to expect from him. If he kills it, then what are the odds he shoots up to the top of the draft? Could guys like Ayton or Doncic slide a couple spots and fall into our lap? Or what if MPJ looks like grabage and the Basketball Gods have already knocked us down to the #5 spot? Do we start getting pumped about Bamba and Bridges?

Still too many variables at this point for me to get a clearer idea of who we should draft... I find myself being talked into and out of players a lot more than I was a couple weeks ago.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-14-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote