View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 01:09 AM   #22
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default RE:Interesting Speculation

There is no doubt that Antoine Walker is a very versatile player who can provide a lot of the things we desperately need. I'm excited about the way he's sacrificed his game lately. It's like he's starting to understand what this team needs from him to be successful. That's what gives me the most hope about this team.

But, I don't think his versatility should overshadow some of his weaknesses. Just because Walker can handle the ball and pass doesn't make him a PG. That's why he's called a Point Forward. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to play on the perimeter all the time, and even if he did, it would only take away from his effectiveness. He doesn't have the bulk to consistently play down low, although he has a nice low post game. Like I said, versatility still doesn't make a guy something that he's not. Walker is a versatile forward who can play all five positions in a pinch, but he's still a forward.

Thanks also to the person who pointed out the possible significance of the word "probably" from Marc Stein's article. Maybe it is only speculation. Either way, I'm not going to worry about this anymore. I just thought it fit some things that have been mentioned by some other people - namely Rick Majerus. Just thought it was a little interesting...

But I don't think Antoine Walker is going to be traded for financial reason. I don't even think Raef was traded for financial reasons. I think this franchise was a little worried about his health and production.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote