View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 12:28 PM   #187
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuketobaru
While I'm not surprised the national media, in its rush to avoid admitting that Wade's comments were petulant and unprovoked whining by a spoiled brat, missed this, I am kind of surprised it didn't get more highlighted here:

Heat coach Pat Riley understands where the Mavs are coming from. As coach of the L.A. Lakers, Riley said they "choked away" the title to Boston in 1984.

"We always felt we should have won that year, and we voiced it," he said. "But we didn't [win]. Came back next year and won it. But I'm sure [the Mavs are] just voicing the fact that they feel like they should have won. That's all."

i.e., Wade's Hall of Fame coach understands what everybody with half-a-brain should have from the beginning--Dirk's comments were never about the Heat, they were the self-directed comments that should be expected from a good team when it loses - We lost. We should have done better. We intend to do better.
Excellent point... Wade's own Coach calls him out on the stupidity of his comments... and yet the media (including our local imbecile, David Moore!) completely give him the pass!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote