View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #13
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
It wasn't him that pissed me off as much as it was the fact that (and I am risking sounding like my father here) a group of youth appeared to truly think that a Pop song on the radio was the National Anthem. It was a sad testament in my mind to the importance that is placed (or in this place it seems is NOT placed) on teaching our youth American History. It's just sad really.

I laugh at him now. But last night I was slightly offended. But in his mind he was doing something for his Country so I guess that's somewhat admirable. Even if the song playing HAD BEEN the National Anthem and there WAS a Flag present I don't think I would confront someone not paying respect like they should.... and he did. The fact that he was wrong was sad, but at least he tried to do the right thing.
U2, I'd have been offended too. Who is he to decide what reflects the heart of a patriot?!

For all he knows, you could be responsible for day-to-day care for a disabled veteran, or could be a veteran yourself. Where is the credit for being a decent, hard-working husband and father who is raising responsible and educated children? He had to have been a poser, or ignorant, or just drunk to make such a snap judgement. We all know you're a good American.

dude: American students do worse in history than math & science? What kind of test is used to determine that? I need to know your source, if you remember it. I'm pretty disheartened over how bad off kids are in math & science. I took for granted that history was 2nd nature! I must've been really lucky!