View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #90
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

so here's the thing.

i don't agree with you "conservatives" on whether abortion should be legal or not. never will. no amount of rhetoric on your side will ever convince me that the government should be allowed to decide what a woman does to her own body.

but that aside: the problem I have with you so-called "conservatives" is this notion that you're all about small government, letting the states decide...unless, of course, that isn't aligned with your own personal belief system.

True "conservatism" is all about a small federal government, about letting the states decide everything that's not in the constitution. (Don't get me started on all the reasons why something written 200+ years ago might not be relevant today.) If so, then fine--let the states make their own laws. Then let everyone with a brain move to places that value personal liberties and take care of their neighbors; and everyone with half a brain (or less) can move to Texas.

Other than the Mavs, there ain't a god damn thing I miss about that god forsaken state.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote