View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #97
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
the problem I have with you so-called "conservatives" is this notion that you're all about small government, letting the states decide...unless, of course, that isn't aligned with your own personal belief system.

True "conservatism" is all about a small federal government, about letting the states decide everything that's not in the constitution. (Don't get me started on all the reasons why something written 200+ years ago might not be relevant today.) If so, then fine--let the states make their own laws.
FWIW...the idea that abortion isn't the Federal Government's business and that states should make the laws in this regard is a very, very common position in conservative and anti-abortion circles. I submit your "problem" here is as much a matter of ignorance on your part as it is alleged hypocrisy on the part of conservatives.