View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #262
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I was surprised that we went RB so early but it wasn't a reach. He was projected as a 3rd round back. He had the 5th best speed score of any RB in the draft (Football Outsiders metric that measures speed relative to body weight), probably the best RB hands in the draft and a nose for the end zone. I can't overstate the importance of that last thing because it's something that we're sorely lacking right now. when you're inside the 5 you should be able to give the ball to your RB and say "take it home. But Felix isn't very instinctive in that area, Tashard is too light and Barber is likely gone. Not being able to punch the ball in from short distances is something you don't think about until you don't have it.
I'm getting jazzed about the Murray pick. I watched some highlight reels earlier today, and my jaw just dropped. When that kid hits the corner, it is church. And, he has some moves! And, yes, he has a nose for the end zone, as you describe. That play where he leaps over the line and lands with his ass on the top of somebody's head before bouncing up and over...that's just beautiful. Not to mention the leaping plays at the pylon and the way he can drive his legs and finish through people.

This pick is riling me up. All those rushing highlights, and not to mention any highlights of him catching the ball, which I understand he did a lot of. Third-down back? I don't think so. Kid looks like a starter to me.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote