View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 09:36 AM   #46
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
You don’t want Luka being the only player on the team who can consistently beat the defense off the dribble. If your legit #2 does that, then great, but I think Brunson could be underrated by some of us. We still don’t know what his ceiling is.

“Jalen is at an absurd 76% fg at the rim - 98th percentile in the NBA. Same as Jokic, better than Giannis, Lebron, AD...ridiculous”
I like Brunson....but I can' say he's some untouchable like he's Lebron or someone. If I can improve my team? I'd be careful in how I trade him but I'd sure look to see what the market is like. Its wishful thinking but if I can get a Bradley Beal type? I'd do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
You're def not shipping out KP for him. Sabonis is on a solid contract under 19m while KP is around 30m. Rick just left the KP puzzle he couldn't figure out, I don't see any way he has interest in that again.

I do think Rick would have interest in DFS and maybe even Powell, but that's not netting you anything worth the hassle.

THJ contract matches Sabonis but it's far from an even trade. Also matches Le Vert and Turner but again those players have more value. I don't even consider Brogdan as gettable, he's too valuable.

Sabonis moves the needle for me because it's a big upgrade over Maxi, WCS, DP and Brown. He can pass and score in many ways. Obviously rebounds well too.

Maybe there's a package that interests them but it's gonna cost some "core" pieces....which is still probably a win and a good thing.

I don't think Brunson gets traded because we can go over to sign him. He's putting up big numbers this season and having lots of success and there's a chance Cuban learned from his mistake with Nash...but then again...it's Cuban. Either way that's an asset that we cant afford to fumble away.

How this Trade Deadline goes is more exciting than our season. It's really the only thing that can breathe life back into this dead horse.
If you are getting Sabonis for guys like Kleber, DP, etc. then sure he moves the needle. There's nothing on this roster that we can go and get Sabonis with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
and he's a smallish point guard at that. He's a middling starting pg who will disappear in the playoffs against defense with length. The Mavericks need to take a hard pass on overpaying him and let him go if they can't trade him. Learn from your mistakes. That means to not let assets leave for nothing as well as not OVERPAY players, especially limited ones, and Brunson is limited by his size. He also has the benefit of playing on a team with a lot of garbage, so he shines in comparison.
Agreed.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote