View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 05:28 PM   #206
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default RE:Damned... Detroit Fans are Trash.

I grew up in Michigan, but my career as a lawyer has been spent in Texas. Still, the throwing of the beer was at most a Class A misdemeanor, probably only a Class C misdemeanor--Artest and Jackson's actions were felonies. It is stupider than I can imagine from a legal standpoint to believe there is any self-defense justification (although defense attorneys have, of course, no shame) for their actions.

Artest should be suspended indefinitely, with a review of the situation before next year. I'd require Anger Management classes at a minimum before letting him play again.

Jackson should get 20 games. O'Neal should get 10 games. Wallace 2.

I suppose they can't be avoided, but I'd like to see no criminal or civil cases--the world is too litigious as it is (didn't expect to hear that from a lawyer, did you?).d
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote