Thread: Drew Gooden
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 02:40 PM   #35
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Drew Gooden

I'm not sure how this thread turned into Walker vs. Gooden, since there was no specific trade rumor discussed in the article and even the subsequent trade ideas didn't involve Walker.

That said, it's simply incorrect to call Drew Gooden the worst rebounding PF in the NBA. He's a better rebounder than Walker if you look at the career stats. In fact, he rebounds the ball better than our own beloved Dirk Nowitzki.

*Braces himself for the cries of blasphemy*

Is Walker the better player overall? Sure. Do I have concerns about a player that Jerry West didn't want and that the Magic now don't seem to want either? Sure. Does Gooden look like a guy that would fit well with Dirk Nowitzki? Not to me, because he's not a very good defender and doesn't block a lot of shots. Would I take a flyer on him if the cost was low enough? Absolutely.