View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #26
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
My apologies to you. I should not have made it personal. I know better.

I also actually don't believe in ALL life, so I guess in the strictest of terms I am a hypocrite. Plants are living and reproducing, and I have no problem eating them -- in fact, I rather enjoy vegetables and need them to survive. Animals, like Beef and chicken and pigs are delicious to me. I am not a vegetarian.

People are another story altogether. Since that is what I am supposing you are talking about -- then I am still a hypocrite. I do not believe that serial killers - who kill innocent people -- deserve to keep living and keep killing. Yes, I believe in the death penalty.

As far as wars with "other" then I still believe that you do what is "right". Right is determined by God. Getting the information from him without getting man's interpretation with it is very tricky though.

Now, killing of the innocent seems wrong all the time. Whether you are talking about the unborn, starving children in a foreign country, killing villages of indians - or vietnamese, or genocide.

Is genocide out of the question -- no. Joshua was told to destroy everything and everyone. Samuel was told to destroy everything and everyone --- in the Bible old testament. Elijah took and slew all the Baal worshipers in the valley of Kinshon because of what they believed.

So yes, my beliefs make me a hypocrite at times -- according to the limited knowledge of most humans. I accept that.

Jesus taught us to love our enemies though -- so I have learned that that line is hard to find, easy to cross, and usually depends on your own beliefs.

Hopefully when we do go to war -- our leadership is close enough in their walk with the heavenly father, that they are doing his will in these instances, and not just their limited humanly thoughts.

Wow. Think you might have been projecting a bit with your Nazi analogy earlier?

I guess that it is a logical progression for someone who believes the "SELF" is the root of all evil to grow to see genocide as an option. If your "SELF" is evil, imagine all those other "SELFS" out there... lingering in the shadows... waiting to be sacrificed nobly by the army of Yahweh...

Bring on the "SELF"DESTRUCTION!!!
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote