View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #93
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
well i guess it's time to start letting go of this one already.....

be lucky if they make a whole season at this rate.
Well, maybe there's a little hope:

Key point:

Quote:
While NBC’s programming suits aren’t happy with Studio 60’s disappointing showing so far, the network says it’s not even close to killing the high-profile series.

"There is a core audience that loves it," NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly told the New York Times.
But there’s more to the explanation than that. Money, as always, is the main reason why NBC is hesitant to squeeze the cancellation trigger.

Studio 60 attracts the educated and rich viewers, household incomes of $100,000 and more, that Madison Avenue craves. Advertisers love affluent viewers who are willing to empty their wallets after watching a bunch of commercials.

Also, NBC reportedly paid a $2 million license fee per episode, which is about one-third higher than an average network drama, and committed to at least 13 episodes.

If NBC axed Studio 60 now, it would be responsible for paying a hefty penalty to Warner Bros., the studio that produces the show.
And no network likes to pony up a considerable amount of change when it doesn’t have to.

So NBC will keep its fingers, and toes, crossed that more viewers will eventually warm up to Sorkin’s engaging drama.
The article also goes on to point out some hit shows that started off slowly and had to be moved.

I think NBC needs to move it. It just can't compete with a dumbed down show like CSI: Miami, and it doesn't benefit from the lead-in of Heroes, because I think the shows have fairly different audiences, myself and other dm.com members notwithstanding.

The fact that they are probably already committed to 13 episodes is a good thing. Maybe they'll move it and give it a chance.

Maybe if Heroes gets strong enough they'll at least flip flop them, and let Heroes tangle with CSI:M.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote