View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 06:42 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Some Christians Never Give Up...lol

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
I have a question, I am not a christian so I would like to know why homosexuals are shunned even though there is nothing mentioned about it in the 10 Commandments.
though this topic has been discussed throughly elsewhere, I do want to comment that, to me, it is sad how the Christian culture (as a whole) treats homosexuals. They(We) tend to be so forgiving of other sinners's sin reaching out to help them with the saving good news of Christ...but there seems to be some kind of invisable line that keeps Christians from reaching out to homosexuals. Why should a man who cheats on his wife (a sexual sin) be more likely to receive Christ than a man or woman trapped in homosexuality (a sexual sin)? I find this hypocrisy unbearable...I have a gay relative, and there is nothing he does that makes him any more unworthy of Christ's grace than I was/am. Sinners are just that: people trapped in sin. Christ came so that those would repent and believe (though all unworthy of it) could receive salvation.

like I said, this has been discussed in great detail elsewhere....but to answer your question, FFL, "why homosexuals are shunned", they should not be...I seriously doubt anyone has ever truely come to Christ, because the Church shunned them into repentance.
Actually sike, it' not the sin, it's the lack of asking for forgiveness of that sin. An adulterer would not receive christ if they continued to commit adultery and was not repentent. It's the repentence that is the diff, imo.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote