Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 05:31 PM   #773
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...tion-team-tank

As a fan who wants to see us turn the corner asap, I am extremely frustrated by the direction this is headed. Cuban has essentially lost the team and as a result we are going to potentially lose out on a top 3 pick in special draft.

I understand Dirks point, but we are at the home stretch now. It's one thing to take that mentality through 40 games. Another entirely to throw away this opportunity after you have already earned your way here legitimately. Our competitors are not this stupid. They WILL lose and many of them are better teams that we are.
I agree with every word of this. The only thing I would highlight is, A) Cuban & Dirk have a lot of history, and I think if there is any damage to repair, then Dirk can help in that regard. B) Point blank if Carlisle has to go, then he has to go. I honestly don't give a shit. Carlisle has a bad attitude with the media. He's pretty much an asshole, and I really don't like the power trip he's been on these last 2 games. There's no point to him flopping his dick around in a dick waving contest. The Mavs drafting 8th or drafting 2nd this year is too God damn important for that petty B.S. and C) if Cuban has lost the team, oh well. Outside of DSJ, who's going to be here 3 years from now, anyways??? Barnes can be moved. That's why I don't get this whole "it's bad for morale to teach these guys to lose" notion. Who's going to be here in 3 years to fight on, anyways??? This is a forreal rebuild. DSJ, maybe Barnes (maybe not), and nobody else will be here on the Mavs roster to open the 2021-2022 season when the Mavs have a chance to contend again.

As far as the competition goes, Memphis is re-writing the book on tanking. If anyone should be fined $600k for tanking it should be the Grizzlies. Their list of sins is too long to cover in this post. Hell, Phoenix lost a 15 point lead in the 4th qtr to Portland the other night. Lillard hits the game winning shot on the last possession. The Suns last possession: a 5 second call. They failed to inbound the ball within 5 seconds on their last possession of the game.

We have no chance in hell to finish atop of the tank with opponents like that.

By the way, Underdog, you're more of a cap guy than I am. Atlanta just simply bought out Illyasova, and now the Hawks don't have to worry about him costing them losses the rest of the way. And he wasn't even impacting their games like Barea is for us. Why can't we just buy Barea out???

Lastly, why the hell sign Hopson to a 10-day contract and not take a look at him? Last 2 games there have been next to 0 minutes for Kleber, Motely, Jalen Jones, Collinsworth, and Hopson. What is Carlisle waiting for to evaluate these players? What we'll finally see what Motely can do come April???
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote