View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 06:15 PM   #301
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
You are contradicting yourself. Standing out at the 3-point line is poor utilization. Combine that with the fact that the 5 out is a read and react type offense that basically relegates KP to being 1 of 4 options based upon Luka's reading of the defense. Because of this, he's got a 25% chance at best of getting the ball for a scoring opportunity imo.

Please tell me another offensive system where your purported #2 option gets such little offensive focus. His lack of useage is ridiculous imo, but sure, go ahead and bag on a guy who is expected to be a shooter, but can't even get enough shots off to get into a rhythm. KP is not without his issues, but I think it's a bunch of BS how the coaches and the system get a pass on his lack of productivity.
Perfectly said

I think the 5 out offense also stops the Mavs from letting KP crash the offensive glass vs the Smaller Clippers lineups

KP is actually a little effective as a offensive rebounder when he does play closer to the basket but most of the game he's so far stationed away from the hoop that he can't get as many offensive rebounds.

I understand that 90% of the boards don't like him or think he's a trash player but I also think some of his issues has to do with the offensive system.

I find it hard to believe that KP doesn't want to run PNR with Luka where he can get a few dunks off lobs like he did last year in the bubble.

Those sets got him more shots on a consistent basis....

This year his shots have been so inconsistent 16 shots one game and the next game he might get only 10 that has been a problem for most of the year and it's why he voiced his opinion a few months ago about it.

Kirk from MMB by no means is a fan of KP in fact he wants KP traded. But if you listen to his podcast after games he's really honest and upfront. He also believes the offense the Mavs are running is KP's biggest failure on that end of the floor. He believes KP is doing exactly what he's being coached to do which is be a stationery floor spacer on offense most of the game.

Now again the dude hates KP just as much as the next guy but he does provide some great insight into KP's lack of usage in the offense being more about the system as opposed to the player.

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-30-2021 at 06:16 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote