View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #514
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I absolutely love this trade(and Im a big FF fan so i hate to see him go). Napoli had a solid season last year despite having a really unfortunate BABIP. Also as simple as it is to say plug MY or Vlad or whatever random DH option you want at first/DH, we have no reason to believe any of them can play first. Vlad definitely can't and I for one think Young would be terrible there. Napoli is a poor catcher but hes fine at first. I also think that Napoli is a good bet to be a better hitter against lefties than either Young or Vlad next year. As Thiggy mentioned, the other huge benefit of this move is that it allows you to pinch hit/pinch run for catchers with impunity without having to actually carry a third catcher.

I also think theres a fairly good chance Young isnt here by opening day and Im completely ok with that.
If Young isn't here, is Napoli your Full Time DH or do you roll with Vlad back in the lineup with Napoli's at bats being when you give Vlad a rest or when you face lefties and Moreland sits (plus maybe a handful of games at C)?