View Single Post
Old 04-12-2001, 04:29 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah, from what I've seen. Not too many people are happy about this.

Here's what ESPN's Fred Carter had to say.
"I think allowing the zone defense would kill the NBA game. They can't even afford to take the gamble of putting in the zone.

Basically, what the zone will do is keep all of the slashing, driving stars of the NBA out of the lane. It will make superstars into jump shooters. In the pros they play the game above the rim. It's exciting, it's athletic. This is not college. There is a lot of excitement around the basket in this league. The ability to play zone will result in a large man standing in the lane who will become a ticket-taker. The lane is clogged and the game is changed.

If a move like this were to fail, it would be very difficult for the league to bounce back from it. The NBA should stay away from zones at all costs."

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote