View Single Post
Old 03-07-2001, 11:27 AM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm finishing up the frontpage layout today, and will also try to finish the template/layout for the rest of the site. I'll probably spend a little time touching up the colors but that shouldn't take too long. Tomorrow will be spent splicing and coding it all up. The site will make HEAVY use of frames, dhtml, and javascript so people with old browsers or slow connections might have a prob. I'm tired of making my sites compatible for everyone (meaning, the folks in Hillbilly, USA who just discovered the Internet) so I've decided to take a more experimental approach with this site. Besides, it'll be a badass addition to my portfolio (gotta think about getting into grad school next year!) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyway, here's the current timetable I'm working on:

Wed - Finish and touch up graphic layouts.
Thurs - Splice it all up and do the coding.
Fri - Finish coding and begin inputting data.
Sat, Sun - Input stats..ALL of em! Proofread and fact-check when complete.
Mon - Expected launch date.

If all goes well, then we'll be up and running by Monday. However, keeping in mind that I just started on this whole thing on Friday (it's been less then a week!), things may or may not be completely ready by then. I've NEVER completed a site this quickly, especially one of this magnitude. I don't plan on having a half-assed site up, so the launch date might be moved back a day or two if I think it necessary. Whatever the case, I'm still on track so no worries yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote