Thread: Bonzi Wells
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 09:58 AM   #4
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Bonzi Wells

I ABSOLUTELY do not want bad chemistry guys like Bonzi or Artest or Jason Williams (of the griz) or any other
of these "All NBA head case" guys. I am still waiting for the shoe to fall re: Stackhouse and we got lucky with
NVE, but NO! I don't want any of these guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Team chemistry is very important and I value it highly, I know we have a coach that has good raport with people
but this is something we shouldnt' screw around with.

WELLS, BONZI
11/00
Portland Trail Blazers guard Bonzi Wells lost his headband and Orlando Magic coach Doc Rivers lost his cool, and today both were punished by the NBA. Wells was suspended one game without pay and fined $10,000 for intentionally striking and verbally abusing an official during Tuesday's 105-93 home loss to the Seattle SuperSonics. The incident occurred with 4:38 to play after Mike Dunleavy and Wells were ejected. Wells whipped his headband across the court at referee Tim Donaghy and knocked over a water cooler before leaving. Wells will serve his suspension tonight, when the Blazers host the Dallas Mavericks.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/20001130/suspend.html

9/01
Trail Blazers Bonzi Wells and Eric Barkley are facing criminal trespass charges after they allegedly refused to leave the scene of a fight near a downtown nightclub. Police were called after about 50 people gathered in a private parking lot across the street from the club at about 2:30 a.m. Thursday, said Sgt. Brian Schmautz. Wells and Barkley shouted profanities at officers who asked them to leave, Schmautz said. Wells, Barkley and two others were cited for criminal trespass, a misdemeanor that is punishable by a fine
or community service.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/...rscharged.html

11/03
Bonzi Wells was fined by the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday, one day after making an obscene gesture to a fan in a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers. Wells also threw a towel and a water bottle onto the court in frustration during the game. Wells directed the obscene gesture at a fan who loudly heckled forward Rasheed Wallace during the Blazers' final timeout in the 94-83 loss. After the game, Wells denied making the gesture. Just three games into the season, attention turned to the Blazers' behavior rather than their play. After several player arrests and team infighting fueled the ire of disgruntled fans last season, the Blazers made a concerted effort toward repairing the team's tarnished image this year. Owner Paul Allen vowed in the offseason that the Trail Blazers would be a team that Portland could be proud of. And the team released a 25-point pledge to fans that included a promise to hold players "accountable for their actions both on and off the court."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1654164

11/03
Trail Blazers guard Bonzi Wells was suspended for two games without pay by the team Tuesday for cursing his coach after being taken out of a game. Wells also was stripped of his co-captain's title for his behavior during Monday night's 105-98 loss at Dallas. “It just gets old. I'm sick of it,” coach Maurice Cheeks said. “I'm sick of always saying he didn't mean it and all that. Players have to be accountable for what they do and what they say.” Cheeks said Tuesday that Wells cursed him after being removed from the game in the third quarter. Wells did not play the rest of the way. Team president Steve Patterson said further violations would result in stiffer penalties. Wells apologized, saying, “I'm not going to be 100 percent perfect -- I'm going to have a 10 percent lapse sometimes.” Wells was suspended by the NBA for a game last November after spitting on San Antonio forward Danny Ferry during a game. The next month, he drew a two-game league suspension for his role in a postgame brawl with the Golden State Warriors. Last March, Wells was suspended for one game by Cheeks for “conduct considered detrimental to the team.” Details of the matter were not released. Several player arrests and team infighting angered fans last season. Blazers officials are trying to repair the club's image this year.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote