View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #127
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
Eh, i don't really like that kind of beer. How would you describe that beer? Maybe hoppy?

What other beers are like that pale ale?
Yes, definitely hoppy. That's the defining characteristic.

As for other beers that are similar...well, I guess Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is what you would call an "American pale ale." If you ever see "IPA" on a bottle, that is an "India Pale Ale." From what I understand, this goes back to the days when Europeans would send beer on boats to their countrymen in India, and to help the beer survive the long journey without spoiling they would have to add something to it or whatever. Evidently adding a crapload of hops fit the bill. So, any "IPA" is going to be similar in character.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote