Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #22
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

In all fairness, had McCain won the election, I am certain that those who supported Obama would be patient and that they would have given McCain and the Republicans all the grace in the world as a show of support.

I am certain that democrats would not have undermined anything that McCain would have done, they certainly didn't undermine President Bush...

The reality is that there is a Clear divide in this nation and it runs down a strong political ideological difference. Obama or Hillary or any other Democrat in the White House would be getting hammered by Republicans and Conservatives...just as Bush, McCain, Palin or any Republican gets hammered by the left...heck you could have JC Watts in the White House and no doubt he would be referred to as an Uncle Tom and then heavily criticized by the left.

This is a power struggle that neither side is willing to compromise.

There is no room for a Leader who compromises...after all, Bush is criticized by Republicans for compromising too much, and then by Democrats for not compromising enough...he ultimately has been equally hated by both parties.

The one thing he didn't comprimise on was National Security and for that I was a huge supporter of President Bush.

My personal feelings about Obama will ultimately be based on what he does on National Security...over 5 weeks, I have not seen much of any reports which cause me to lean one way or another...so much has been made about the stimulus package.

Thus, my opinion is based on what is actually reported...and the package flat out sucks.

It's as bad as a spoiled rich kid, being in debt and his/her parents simply throwing money at the problem and paying off the kids debt...what lesson does that kid learn and how does it effect society as a whole.

If a bailout is a bad idea from a parent to a child, what the heck makes anyone think its a good idea from the Government to its Corporations?

Freedoms are being lost as a natural consequence to bad financial decisions...moving us to a welfare state will only further destroy our freedoms.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote