View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 09:48 AM   #51
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Classic shoddy reporting by ESPN, and lack of intelligent questions from any reporters covering this. Did Chandler's meniscus surgery require a repair (stitches) or a trim (just cutting away the torn part). These require very different rehab times, and should have been something the doctors indicated, or at the very least something they were asked. One can start returning to jogging on the trim in a few weeks. The repair is 10 weeks, to give the repaired area time to heal (not much blood flow there, so takes a long time to heal).
Haven't seen anything either. If they're talking about a return this season, he just got the tear cut out. If they're talking 3 months, he had a repair. The latter would be the best case for Parson's as he is already having cartilage issues (i.e. the surgery last year).

I had a tear cut out and was back to light jogging in 2 weeks, playing in 3. It can be done, but with his history, and upcoming possibly opt-out, I doubt we see Parson's again this season.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote