Thread: Drew Gooden
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 12:42 PM   #29
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Drew Gooden

Quote:
You could do Howard/Walker for Grant Hill/Gooden.
-Dooby
Forgive me Dooby, if I mistook your feelings for Drew Gooden as being falsely "Gushing" (only you can truly know how you really feel about the man), but considering the absurd trade proposal that you included in your initial post on this thread, it was just very hard for me to see how less intense, more logical feelings might have inspired your proposal.

I for one, just don't understand why in the hell our Mavs should ever consider trading away a 28 year old, 6-9 power forward who averaged 14 ppg, 8.6 rpg, and 4.5 apg last year (along with his reputedly valuable, expiring contract), as well as our 2nd year defensive stud, rebounding demon, former consensus ACC player of the year, small forward, in exchange for a gimpy Juwan Howard clone and an aged, broken piece of Dukey...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't help but believe that it would be absolutely insane and nonsensical for our Mavs to throw away a 28 year old all-star with a huge expiring contract, as well as a potential 10 year starting small forward, in exchange for the kind of junk that your earlier proposed deal mandated.

That said, I do fully expect Antoine to be traded to a better place (for his contract year) than Dallas, but I can't imagine that our Mav's Braintrust would ever be stupid enough to ship him off for any combo-pack of Gooden/Hill turds..