Thread: Mario Hezonja
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 05:27 AM   #14
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

The thing with Mario that has me reluctant to trade for him with anything of value is he is in the final year of his deal and the Magic declined to offer him is QO. So whoever trades for him has him for this year and then he is an UFA. If he were to be a RFA following the season, like Noel was, then I'd be more willing to do it. As it stands nobody is throwing anything remotely close to a max at him obviously. So why not wait till free agency and get him then since nobody will have any sort of real advantage in recruiting him.

Edit- and we don't need to worry about having his rights to go over the cap to sign him because in the extremely unlikely event that we sign a max player and use up the cap I find it hard to believe Mario gets anything above exception level money which we could offer him. I think he's going to be a guy who signs a prove it deal in a situation that helps him pump up his value. A lot like Aminu was. I think getting him will be more about his comfort level with the role we offer and playing time he could get with regards to depth more than anything.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-23-2018 at 05:34 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote