Thread: Mario Hezonja
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 06:15 AM   #38
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

This is a 10:55 min video on Hezonja with a few interesting facts on him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtIX3C_ENJI

A couple of good points the video brings up is how the Magic have jerked him around with his minutes a lot during his career. They've changed coaches, they tried him as a stretch 4, they would sit him for a stretch of games & then play him for 30 min a game. This most recent stretch of 20-30 min a game has been the most consistent stretch of playing time during his career, and maybe not coincidentally, he's played the best of his career in response.

Also, I didn't know Hezonja was rumored to have done every dunk from Zach LaVine's dunk championship performance in a practice. I did see him do a half-windmill on a break away steal a couple games back. Dude is more athletic than I knew.

Edit: One other thing the video brings up that I haven't heard too many people, not just on this forum but around the internet, talk about is how when the Magic declined his team option they pretty much gave up on Mario. Players don't usually tend to resign with teams that give up on them.

Last edited by Magnum_3_Ball; 03-05-2018 at 06:17 AM.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote