View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #68
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is a pretty perceptive comment..

Quote:
Posted: Today 8:11 AM
Eastern Conf. scout: Mavs' ball movement is best in league

Eastern Conference scout on the Mavericks' viability as a threat to the Spurs and Lakers out West:
"This is one of [the Mavs'] best teams. From top to bottom, they have a lot of depth and can play any style. Big, small, play through injuries.
"Everyone talks about Tyson Chandler as the big difference-maker, but that's not the only [difference]. Their ball movement is the best in the league. They don't have another guy on Dirk [Nowitzki]'s level, but the way they move the ball around makes them really hard to guard.
"I know they've done this in the regular season before, but I think they're legit. They have a lot of veterans, hungry veterans. And they have a lot of size now. I'd give them a puncher's chance against the Lakers."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydi.../nba-scouts-say

I give Rick Carlisle credit here, because he realizes last playoffs the Mavs were doomed because of very one-dimensional offense through Dirk. Unlike amateur coach potato coaches, he doesn't solve that by simply adding more minutes to certain players or crying to get new players by trade. Instead, he modifies the offense in a team concept to have very good ball movement. The Mavs offense is humming now and if they can keep sharing the ball, and get the defense back to early season standards, Mavs will be a true contender.

Last edited Today 8:11 AM by catsil
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote