View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 12:04 AM   #56
satrekker

satrekker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
96th percentile in PnR-- one of the major plays in the NBA.

96th in ISOs

98th in posts

Adequate athleticism and A+ intelligence for defense. I think he could be a quality player.
I hope you are right, and I'll root for him, but imo the draft was anti-climactic. This was the deepest draft in years, and the Mavs paid a very high price for Doncik, which will hopefully be worth it, but then did absolutely NOTHING until their next pick at 33 in the 2nd round. Then they took a PG! WTH?! At least take a SG if you're gonna spend the pick on a guard! There were way too many other talented players still available who could've filled other glaring holes in the Mav's roster that could've been selected instead of drafting yet another guard.

I think towards the end that even the MBT realized that they had failed to take full advantage of the talent available in this draft, so they ended up scrambling and trading pick 54 for two others... 56 and 60. Yeah, the numbers in the end seem nice - 4 draftees, but the total talent haul was nowhere near what it should have been, and THAT is extremely disappointing to me.

Last edited by satrekker; 06-22-2018 at 12:17 AM.
satrekker is offline   Reply With Quote