View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 05:07 PM   #127
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Remember when they first got Kidd? In one of his early games, think against the Spurs, he had a conflict with RC over who would call the plays. Eventually, they worked it out. But a few years later, we saw the same conflict with Rondo, and that blew up in the Mavs faces big time. I suspect a lot of young stars do not want to be under the thumb of an old control freak.
To your point about Carlisle, I don't know that he and Kidd ever worked it out. I remember reading a few years ago that the two of them frequently would argue pretty angrily, to the point of cussing each other out, but were very good at hiding it from the public. That could also have been a contributing factor to Kidd not retiring with the Mavs and spending that one weird season with the Knicks.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote