Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 11:35 PM   #102
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I’d pull the trigger on that deal. I like Bamba and think he would fit well here. Ross has 1 more year on his deal, and we still have a draft pick for Nico to use. I know Green is still young, but I think Frank can fill his role just fine if not better.
We need to quit with the Josh Green is young narrative. Go to Hoop Hype and they have a listing of 40 players all rated much higher than Josh that were born the year before Josh 1999 to 2022 (2 calendar years after Josh who was born in 2020). That is at least 40 players that are contemporaries of Josh. He is not a unicorn in terms of age for gods sake.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-global-rating-age/

As a reminder Luka, Saddiq, Jordan Poole, Ja et al were born the year before Josh. His is not a teenager.

Bottom line: The thought that Josh hasn't developed or played much because he is young is mixing up correlation with causation. He doesn't play because he is not good. It is not the other way around.

Last edited by Zeus; 06-01-2022 at 12:02 AM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote