View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 03:17 PM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Was listening to 105.3 the fan and they mentioned that over the last 5 years the Mavs have spent the least amount of money in salaries.

They reported that a team like OKC spent more money on salaries than the Mavs.

They also mentioned that Cuban has the built in 50 win player every year in Luka and that's why he's content on saving each year.
Well the Mavs now are in the top 5 in payroll, so from a purely objective standpoint, it's wrong to call him cheap. Whether that money is spent wisely, however, is a totally different argument.

Honestly my answer is I don't know, because we haven't seen how Cuban will respond to being heavily into tax territory yet. It remains to be seen. When it first came out that Brunson was leaving, I was prepared to excoriate Cuban for being cheap, but then we got more information indicating that Brunson was leaving no matter what and wouldn't even let the Mavs make him an offer. So it seems wrong to call him cheap there. Also, re-signing THJ and offering KP the full five year max were definitely not cheap moves. They might not have been the smartest moves, but they definitely weren't cheap moves either.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote