View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 09:08 PM   #91
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
Beware of big stats put up by players on bad teams. To say Smith is much better than Howard when Josh is the 3rd option behind 2 great scorers invites huge disappointment when the player from the bad team is no longer the focus of the offense.

Chemistry is so important. Have we forgotten the lesson of the Antwoinnes? More stars doesn't nessesarily make for a better team. We could be looking at another year of new guys learning to play with each other, and if they don't mesh, more trades. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'd be fine with trading Stack for Simmons. Even if his ankles are questionable, he'd play reduced minutes as a 6th man, and we have plenty of backup at the 2/3 to let him rest and heal. But trading Harris, leaving only Jet and A Johnson as point guards I see as a bad move, because it is unnessesarily disruptive. I keep hearing Harris is overated. I just want the kid to get in 1 full, healthy year before dumping him. He not only changed SA, he scored 30 against PHX. And he's still played fewer minutes than the average top 10 pick rookie like Chris Paul played in 1 year! He could easily end up a far better player that Joe Johnson. Great scoring 2 guards are a dime a dozen compared to dominating point guards. If we want one, fine, but we've done well without one, and sure don't need to give up Harris to get one.

Tinker around the edges, but hands off the core. Remember 2003. It took 3 years to recover from our last trip to the conference finals. Don't make that mistake again.
Finally, a voice of reason.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote