View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I love Stein to death, and he is very, very plugged into the Mavs. But he has lost his damn mind. The Mavs would laugh at the Nets if they asked for Howard and Harris. Absolutely laugh at them.

I doubt very seriously if they would trade Harris straight up for Kidd.

When someone says that Harris is a Cuban favorite, but not an Avery; hasn't Cuban already proven he will go off what he and Donnie think, and not necessarily the coach? And in this case, thank God. If it were ever to come down to Avery or Devin on this team, Avery can make sure to not let the door hit him on the way out.
I don't believe that Stein has ever suggested the Mavs would deal both Harris and Howard for Kidd. Where are you getting that? I heard Stein on the radio yesterday, and he clearly said that the Mavs would not do that deal. He said that NJ would ask for it, of course, but that the Mavs would say no. Obviously.

My guess is that they would trade Harris for Kidd straight up IN A HURRY. Of course, the deal couldn't be done straight-up, so there would have to be more added to it.

When you say that Cuban has proven he would go away from what the coach wants, I guess you are talking about Nellie. Has Cuban proven to you that he would go away from what Avery wants? From Dough Christie all the way to Eddie Jones, Avery seems to have a lot more input than Nellie did in the late stages.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote