View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #405
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

http://blog.southlemon.com/?p=549

Off-Season Profile: Dirk Nowitzki

James
Dirk, not your typical power forward

Dirk Nowitzki- PF -Dallas Mavericks
Born June 19, 1978 Germany
Drafted 9th overall, 1998
Career Averages: 22.7 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 2.7 apg
__________________________________________________ __________
Pencil Dirk Novitzki in for another First Team all NBA selection. He is a revolutionary seven footer whom every team tries to copy. Every time a seven foot player has a decent jump shot, they attempt to convince the world that they have the next Dirk.

The problem is that there is only one.

His combination of shooting touch and above average rebounding makes him a one of a kind player. The fact that he worked so hard as a teenager to get to this level is sometimes overlooked. Other guys his size are just not willing to work that hard, they lack his intensity and desire for greatness.

I see his stats staying about the same this year. Around 24-26 ppg, 9 rpg with maybe an increase in assists to about 4. With Shawn Marion now with the team, he has someone to pass the ball to. Someone who knows how to run the floor. I see a lot of fast breaks ran with one of those two guys taking the ball down and hitting the other as they drive down the lane.

Basically I am excited for the German born player. I think this could be his best NBA season overall, even more successful than his MVP season of 2007. Marion’s great defense will allow this team to run more often. Throw in Jason Kidd and this team should look a lot like the Lakers of the 1980’s.

He did have a couple of off years the last two seasons in 3 point percentage, look for him to get more open shots and reverse that trend.

Also I do not see the situation with his girlfriend affecting him. He is too much of a professional for that. In fact, if the child she is carrying is his, look for him to be more focused. I don’t know why, but he looks to me like someone who will love being a dad and will use his child as motivation.

Off Season Profile
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote