View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #37
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

To be clear what has to happen if Houston wants Bosh and Parsons:

1. Execute Asik trade (I've read New Orleans has to execute a small transaction before they can even do this).

2. Execute Lin trade they supposedly have racked up.

3. Trade away Jones, Montiejunas, Canaan and their first round pick this year (some or all of these could theoretically go out with Asik and/or Lin. They're very small contract)

4. Get Bosh to agree to a contract that starts at about 600K under max starting point. (Almost a million under if they want to keep Beverly too)

To be fair, it's been pointed out to me that a 19.5Mil contract might be the most Bosh is offered if Lebron leaves Miami.

So not out of the woods even if they get Bosh to agree, but it will take a lot of work in a short time.

And because I've seen a few ask: If Parsons comes here, this would, for all intents and purposes, use every last drop of our cap space. You would then have the room exception, minimums and trades.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-09-2014 at 07:53 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote