View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #64
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think Homeland cleaned itself up quite nicely after that awful episode two weeks ago. I do feel like they're going to have to make a massive shake up to make season three compelling, but I thought that leading up to the end of Season 1, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
My problem with the last episode was the, as Todd VanDerWerff calls it, "horror movie logic" involved in finally getting Nazir. The FBI doesn't have canine units, which would have easily tracked down that hideaway? Carrie goes in there UNARMED, and then LEAVES her armed partner? She then ends up hiding behind a barrel? She doesn't have a radio? Just didn't make a lick of sense.

It also didn't make sense that Nazir didn't even try to kill her like he easily disposed of the armored and gun-toting FBI agent (or pick up said dead FBI agent's rifle). Of course, there are some who think that the whole operation with Walden was a set-up between Brody and Nazir, and Carrie needed to stay alive in order to make her protect Brody.