Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 11:04 PM   #70
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Big time calls in that last paragraph with so little college basketball having been played to date. The pre-draft boards are going to change drastically in the months to go before the draft.

You're dead-on about the likes of Bagley and Ayton, but who's to say, at this point in time, that the draft can't be top-10 heavy? Players aren't allowed to develop anymore?
If players stuck around for any amount of time I might put some stock into the idea of development. I tend to watch the prospects starting their senior year and summer ball... you know the franchise altering talent when you see it. Last year you had the best freshman class in a decade. This year you have 3-4 players who have star potential that warrants going "all in". Is it guaranteed that they fulfill their potential? No, but I would argue it's much more favorable than hoping you land a superstar FA or Leonard/Mitchell prospect. Can you do it? Sure, but it would be much less risky to just commit to getting a top 5 pick.

With DSJ and Alton, you have a very good chance to compete in 3 years.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote