Thread: 2019 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 09:32 AM   #89
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Amazing to me Gafford is falling so far. As an Arkansas fan, I thought he made a really unselfish, if not foolish decision to return last season. He was projected anywhere from 12-20 and now seeing mocks in the late 30s?

I'll just say, if he's there, we should pounce. Perhaps even trade up. He'd allow flexibility to lose one of Maxi/Powell. The downside is he absolutely does not shoot. He showed some improvement on his touch with his mid-range and free throws, but never even attempted a 3 at Arkansas. He will be limited to a PnR big man much like Powell early on, but with much better defense. Gafford is really long in addition to his height. He will continue to grow into his body and needs to add weight to his frame, but can easily take it on without sacrificing his elite athleticism. Already a really tough shot blocker, he has even more room for improvement with technique.

I think at this spot in the draft, you start thinking intangibles, too. An excellent young man with no issues on or off the court, great family, and will bust his ass. I'd frankly be ecstatic to watch him play basketball for one of my favorite teams for at least the next 3-4 years.

I think he ends up going top-20. He's just too mobile and versatile a defender to not. If he drops any further I agree that we should absolutely make an attempt to trade up. Cap-strapped Cleveland might like a move down from 26 to 37 if it includes cash.