View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #93
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzwestisbest View Post
I'm beginning to think the problem with getting the ball to Dirk... is DIRK himself. He doesn't seem physically able to hold his ground enough to get in a stable position for are guards to get him the ball and when we do, he is pretty off his sweet spots. It doesn't matter who our 'point guard' is, its the same thing. Its time for RC to get more creative in finding ways to get him the ball. Roddy, West, Kidd, Carter, Lamar, Jet have all had problems getting Dirk the ball if we are keeping track. This is a trend that has nothing really to do with our guards.

Edited: Roadrunner...good post..wish I saw yours before making mine as I may have left West out of my list. West had I believe around 7-10 potential assists on his passes and the Mavs either missed wide open jumpers or the stat guy felt it was too long after the pass to give West the assist. He ended the game with 0 assists which is VERY VERY misleading.
Then you might as well trade him. He's never been massive enough to just bull his way and hold position, he gets rooted out. That's why the point guard cannot be afraid to throw it to meet him when he gets there. As dirk said and is in someone's signature. He used to just lope through a screen because he knew the guard wasn't going to aggressively give it to him, but with kid it's right there when he gets there. In this equation dirk versus roddy...the problem is roddy, and will continue to be until he makes quicker decisions.

I would think a part of it now is his lack of quickness because of the knee. But there is not doubt that jkiddo puts it on targe and on time.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-30-2012 at 09:42 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote