View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 04:41 PM   #1550
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t get the interest for the Mavs with Horford... Doncic and Powell are smaller and both are better rebounders (in terms of Rebounds per 48) as he hasn’t averaged more than 7.4 rpg in over 5 years and, while he would clearly be a great leader with solid defense, he’s pretty old and is regularly banged up (played only 29mpg with many games missed last year and likely to continue to drop).

Given KP isn’t exactly what I’d call a great rebounder, I would really think we should focus on rebounding for any big we sign, with other pros and cons being carefully weighed towards finding the best bang for our buck, especially if you’re wanting a close-to-max or max guy like Brogdon/Kemba/etc in the backcourt.

The more I think about it, the more I’d love a guy like Ed Davis, who I think really wants to start (and deserves to). If there’s ANY way you could pair him with Brogdon, KP and Luka, that would be a very strong team. If not, again, for rebounding purposes, solid D (albeit slower), and passing abilities, a guy like Vuvevic would be great, but now you’re going to be scraping the barrel on backcourt help, because you won’t fit Beverly in with him.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 06-19-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote