View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #34
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
Anyway, let's look at the two extremes represented by Palin and Obama:

Obama: infanticide, partial birth abortions, all abortions legal under all circumstances. Moderated in part by Biden who is Catholic and (I think although I'd like someone to correct me if wrong) opposed to partial birth abortion and infanticide

Palin: opposed to all abortions. Moderated by McCain minimally because McCain has a long history of abortion opposition. The only moderation is that McCain doesn't talk about it much and doesn't carry a Down's syndrome baby onto the stage...
it's frustrating to read such out and out misinformation....or, as obama puts it well, those "trying to score cheap political points".

here, I'll go out of character and show how people can "score cheap political points" on palin:
sarah palin wants to punish women who are violently attacked by criminals with palin forcing these women to carry to full term the daily reminder of their abuse, palin does so by not allowing these victims to terminate a pregnancy caused by the horrendous act that they were subjected to. sarah palin is sentencing these victims of crimes to not only mental anguish on a daily basis, but also the possibility of health problems that many times are associated with the pregnancy. sarah palin is comfortable sacrificing the mother. how evil she is!

do you like them apples? that's exactly how you distort obama's position.

barack obama is not in favor of "infanticide", and has stated his position on partial birth abortions clearly:

On an issue like partial birth abortion, I strongly believe that the state can properly restrict late-term abortions. I have said so repeatedly. All I've said is we should have a provision to protect the health of the mother, and many of the bills that came before me didn't have that.

Part of the reason they didn't have it was purposeful, because those who are opposed to abortion have a moral calling to try to oppose what they think is immoral. Oftentimes what they were trying to do was to polarize the debate and make it more difficult for people, so that they could try to bring an end to abortions overall.

As president, my goal is to bring people together, to listen to them, and I don't think that's any Republican out there who I've worked with who would say that I don't listen to them, I don't respect their ideas, I don't understand their perspective. And my goal is to get us out of this polarizing debate where we're always trying to score cheap political points and actually get things done.

Source: Fox News Sunday: 2008 presidential race interview Apr 27, 2008

so yes, obama and biden are very much in the mainstream of what americans have said is their position regarding abortion rights.

sarah palin on the other hand is not.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote