View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #78
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan View Post
Someone educate me on the cap situation if this goes through. If Parsons is signed (and all the other deals go through; Dirk, Harris, Carter, etc.) do the Mavericks still have the full MLE to spend? . . . If the full MLE is available I would love to see the Mavs go after some shooters (or even an Ed Davis or Okafor type to shore up the front court). Wright is still there to dangle in trades too.
No MLE. Zack Lowe described it well recently: A team cannot get under the cap, use cap space to sign outside free agents, and then use the full midlevel exception. The full midlevel is only for teams that start and stay over the cap

In fact, we don't have any cap room for Carter if this goes through, so I think our only chance at Vince is if he took the room exception (I think $2.7MM?).

Plus still no real backup center, still no backup 4, and still Felton as the starting PG.

Last edited by Wang Zhi Zhi; 07-09-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote