Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-25-2024, 10:05 PM   #561
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I can't fucking believe Carlisle didn't call timeout.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2024, 10:16 PM   #562
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm lurking r/pacers right now, and EVERYONE wants Carlisle's head on a spike.

Seriously, the Pacers should be up 2-1 right now. This is nuts.

It's been a roller coaster ride with Kidd, and I'm still kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop. But fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Carlisle.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:25 PM   #563
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I don?t know I kinda get not calling the timeout. Jrue made a great play and stole the ball. Career night from Horford in year 17 for him.

Celtics worry me because they have some stud defenders and so many guys that can score. Their lack of bigs though could give us a massive advantage especially if KP can?t go.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 10:25 PM   #564
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I can confidently say Jason Kidd > Carlisle.

We should be honest and admit Rick hasn't been a good coach for 10 years. We gave him a pass because of 2011 and that 7 games series against the Spurs, but otherwise...

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-25-2024 at 10:30 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 10:31 PM   #565
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I don?t know I kinda get not calling the timeout. Jrue made a great play and stole the ball. Career night from Horford in year 17 for him.

Celtics worry me because they have some stud defenders and so many guys that can score. Their lack of bigs though could give us a massive advantage especially if KP can?t go.
It was like a 1 on 4 though. The Celtics' defense was already set up. I don't know, I just feel like in that situation, unless you've got MJ or Kobe (or Luka) with the ball in their hands, you call timeout every time.

Either way, that's just one play. The Pacers blew an 18 point lead, so timeout or no, they definitely choked. Bad. And it's the second time. I feel like the Mavs win both of those games.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:35 PM   #566
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

So relieved we don?t have Carlisle anymore.

Boston has top tier scorers that are consistent every night with the defense to go with it. They scare me more than wolves because they have the experience to go with all their talent. Jrue and Horford will be a problem.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:38 PM   #567
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
So relieved we don?t have Carlisle anymore.

Boston has top tier scorers that are consistent every night with the defense to go with it. They scare me more than wolves because they have the experience to go with all their talent. Jrue and Horford will be a problem.
They're definitely better than the Wolves. No question. I do feel like the Mavs might match up quite favorably though. Especially if Porzingis is out, or even just less than 100%.

Again, and I'm going to keep harping on this- the Pacers abso-fucking-lutely should be up 2-1 right now.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:55 PM   #568
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Rich Paul just let slip that Lebron is testing free agency
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 10:58 PM   #569
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Rich Paul just let slip that Lebron is testing free agency
Probably just posturing. I'll be shocked if he leaves the Lakers.
Old 05-25-2024, 11:20 PM   #570
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Probably just posturing. I'll be shocked if he leaves the Lakers.
depends on who if anyone drafts Bronny - Lebron has nothing else to play for or to prove. Why not take a stab at playing with your boy?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 11:31 PM   #571
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
depends on who if anyone drafts Bronny - Lebron has nothing else to play for or to prove. Why not take a stab at playing with your boy?
There've been rumblings recently that playing with Bronny is not as big a deal to him as people think. It sounds like he wants to make one more legit run and get paid doing it. My bet is the Lakers swing big on Trae Young and that's enough to convince LeBron that the Lakers can still contend. (I don't think Trae Young makes them into contenders again, but my bet is LeBron thinks that.)
Old 05-25-2024, 11:33 PM   #572
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

^^ That being said, I'm 100% for the Mavs picking up Bronny if they can. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot.
Old 05-25-2024, 11:47 PM   #573
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
^^ That being said, I'm 100% for the Mavs picking up Bronny if they can. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot.
oh hell yeah might as well - what else are we going to do with the 60th pick in the draft?
then cue up the Mel Gibson Ransom scene... "give me back my son!"
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 12:44 AM   #574
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
oh hell yeah might as well - what else are we going to do with the 60th pick in the draft?
then cue up the Mel Gibson Ransom scene... "give me back my son!"
I lol'd

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-26-2024 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-26-2024, 12:58 PM   #575
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle shit the bed AGAIN last night. I can't believe that there are still fans who think he was a better coach for the Mavs than Kidd.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 04:07 PM   #576
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Carlisle shit the bed AGAIN last night. I can't believe that there are still fans who think he was a better coach for the Mavs than Kidd.
What's nuts is he is supposed to be good at Xs and Os. Not this playoffs that's for sure.

Old 05-27-2024, 02:58 PM   #577
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Oh shit, Bill Walton died. RIP to one of the greats.
Old 05-27-2024, 04:06 PM   #578
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh shit, Bill Walton died. RIP to one of the greats.
I watched him play after he finally get relatively healthy after going to the Celtics. He was a fantastic player.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 09:16 PM   #579
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Cmon Rick. Let?s not blow a lead this one time
Old 05-27-2024, 09:38 PM   #580
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ha no

Ricks teams are so bad when it comes to finishing

+10 to -3 in short order. Scored 19 and it was total lack of playmaking.
Old 05-27-2024, 09:39 PM   #581
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Cmon Rick. Let?s not blow a lead this one time
Welp...

Seriously though, every single one of these games was winnable for the Pacers. I feel really good about the Mavs chances against the Celtics.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-27-2024 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2024, 09:48 PM   #582
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like im having flashbacks watching Rick Carlisle pacers. Inevitably blow a lead and once it?s blown there?s no going back.
Old 05-27-2024, 09:51 PM   #583
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Welp...

Seriously though, every single one of these games was winnable for the Pacers. I feel really good about the Mavs chances against the Celtics.
I do too. Considering Indiana was right there to win all 4 of these games and didn?t have their best player for 2 of them I feel pretty good should Dallas advance. Boston has better overall talent IMO, but we would again have the best player. Assuming Lively is back our 2 headed monster at center could be a problem for Boston as well.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 09:51 PM   #584
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Man, why do I feel like Rick just purposely blew that series? Tryna get back at the Mavs aye?

Old 05-27-2024, 09:52 PM   #585
Melonhead
Guru

What scares me is Bostons 5 out. Gafford will be pretty nullified for this series I hope we get good maxi.

Still have to close out first.
Old 05-27-2024, 09:59 PM   #586
Melonhead
Guru

I love Nick Wright just shit talking the Celtics on twitter saying Mavs are gonna kick their ass
Old 05-27-2024, 10:00 PM   #587
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
What scares me is Bostons 5 out. Gafford will be pretty nullified for this series I hope we get good maxi.

Still have to close out first.
It's all about Lively IMO. If Lively is right, we've got a very good chance. Lively is better suited than just about any big in the league to defend out on the perimeter. If Lively is out or is really limited, we won't win.
Old 05-27-2024, 10:01 PM   #588
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I love Nick Wright just shit talking the Celtics on twitter saying Mavs are gonna kick their ass
I've always liked Nick Wright. He usually has really good takes.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:49 PM   #589
Melonhead
Guru

Boston fans outside the arena tonight chanting fuck Kyrie

Most toxic series incoming and I?d be lying if I said I wasn?t worried about how toxic it gets in Boston arena.
Old Yesterday, 12:55 AM   #590
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Boston fans outside the arena tonight chanting fuck Kyrie

Most toxic series incoming and I?d be lying if I said I wasn?t worried about how toxic it gets in Boston arena.
I mean, I can?t say I blame the fans for hating Kyrie. He burned his bridges there in pretty spectacular fashion.

Something tells me though that Kyrie is just going to feed off of it. I can?t wait to see him drop 40 right on their heads.
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #591
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I respect the Celtics team. They have a lot of talent and are playing well. I don't think we're the favorite by any means, but it would be so great to see the Mavs come out on top

Clippers - finally slew the demon that was holding us back
OKC - beat one of the toughest young teams in the league while Brunson's team was eliminated
Minny (if we can close out this series) - slaying the other ordained champs while Rick's team is bounced.
Celtics - Kyrie can get his revenge. Luka could beat KP (the last of the evil exes). Both could finally get the national respect they deserve.

But this is all premature-- if Minny gets a win tonight, then it becomes easier for them to win the next, and 3-2 or 3-3 are way more likely. Gotta close out this series in professional fashion.

Then we'll be the underdogs vs. Celtics and every win will require every ounce of talent and mental fortitude.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; Yesterday at 12:16 PM.
Old Today, 02:19 AM   #592
fructal

fructal can only hope to improve

Quote:
I respect the Celtics team. They have a lot of talent and are playing well. I don't think we're the favorite by any means, but it would be so great to see the Mavs come out on top

Clippers - finally slew the demon that was holding us back
OKC - beat one of the toughest young teams in the league while Brunson's team was eliminated
Minny (if we can close out this series) - slaying the other ordained champs while Rick's team is bounced.
Celtics - Kyrie can get his revenge. Luka could beat KP (the last of the evil exes). Both could finally get the national respect they deserve.

But this is all premature-- if Minny gets a win tonight, then it becomes easier for them to win the next, and 3-2 or 3-3 are way more likely. Gotta close out this series in professional fashion.

Then we'll be the underdogs vs. Celtics and every win will require every ounce of talent and mental fortitude.
Gotta focus on the T-Wolves first though. Closing out this series clean is key. Luka and Kyrie going head-to-head in the Finals would be epic, national respect for both of them for sure
fructal is offline   Reply With Quote