Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #561
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I can't fucking believe Carlisle didn't call timeout.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #562
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm lurking r/pacers right now, and EVERYONE wants Carlisle's head on a spike.

Seriously, the Pacers should be up 2-1 right now. This is nuts.

It's been a roller coaster ride with Kidd, and I'm still kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop. But fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Carlisle.
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #563
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I don?t know I kinda get not calling the timeout. Jrue made a great play and stole the ball. Career night from Horford in year 17 for him.

Celtics worry me because they have some stud defenders and so many guys that can score. Their lack of bigs though could give us a massive advantage especially if KP can?t go.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #564
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I can confidently say Jason Kidd > Carlisle.

We should be honest and admit Rick hasn't been a good coach for 10 years. We gave him a pass because of 2011 and that 7 games series against the Spurs, but otherwise...

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; Yesterday at 10:30 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM   #565
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I don?t know I kinda get not calling the timeout. Jrue made a great play and stole the ball. Career night from Horford in year 17 for him.

Celtics worry me because they have some stud defenders and so many guys that can score. Their lack of bigs though could give us a massive advantage especially if KP can?t go.
It was like a 1 on 4 though. The Celtics' defense was already set up. I don't know, I just feel like in that situation, unless you've got MJ or Kobe (or Luka) with the ball in their hands, you call timeout every time.

Either way, that's just one play. The Pacers blew an 18 point lead, so timeout or no, they definitely choked. Bad. And it's the second time. I feel like the Mavs win both of those games.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #566
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

So relieved we don?t have Carlisle anymore.

Boston has top tier scorers that are consistent every night with the defense to go with it. They scare me more than wolves because they have the experience to go with all their talent. Jrue and Horford will be a problem.
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM   #567
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
So relieved we don?t have Carlisle anymore.

Boston has top tier scorers that are consistent every night with the defense to go with it. They scare me more than wolves because they have the experience to go with all their talent. Jrue and Horford will be a problem.
They're definitely better than the Wolves. No question. I do feel like the Mavs might match up quite favorably though. Especially if Porzingis is out, or even just less than 100%.

Again, and I'm going to keep harping on this- the Pacers abso-fucking-lutely should be up 2-1 right now.
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #568
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Rich Paul just let slip that Lebron is testing free agency
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #569
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Rich Paul just let slip that Lebron is testing free agency
Probably just posturing. I'll be shocked if he leaves the Lakers.
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #570
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Probably just posturing. I'll be shocked if he leaves the Lakers.
depends on who if anyone drafts Bronny - Lebron has nothing else to play for or to prove. Why not take a stab at playing with your boy?
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #571
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
depends on who if anyone drafts Bronny - Lebron has nothing else to play for or to prove. Why not take a stab at playing with your boy?
There've been rumblings recently that playing with Bronny is not as big a deal to him as people think. It sounds like he wants to make one more legit run and get paid doing it. My bet is the Lakers swing big on Trae Young and that's enough to convince LeBron that the Lakers can still contend. (I don't think Trae Young makes them into contenders again, but my bet is LeBron thinks that.)
Old Yesterday, 11:33 PM   #572
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

^^ That being said, I'm 100% for the Mavs picking up Bronny if they can. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot.
Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM   #573
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
^^ That being said, I'm 100% for the Mavs picking up Bronny if they can. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot.
oh hell yeah might as well - what else are we going to do with the 60th pick in the draft?
then cue up the Mel Gibson Ransom scene... "give me back my son!"
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #574
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
oh hell yeah might as well - what else are we going to do with the 60th pick in the draft?
then cue up the Mel Gibson Ransom scene... "give me back my son!"
I lol?d

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; Today at 12:44 AM.