Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-05-2002, 10:56 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

No Poll. No Mavs.

Today is election day. 435 Congressional seats and 34 Senate Seats are up for grabs. Plus Governors and state legislators and other office holders.

If you live in the US, get to the polls.

Sure. Move this thread to the Lounge; but move it tomorrow. Today, go vote.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2002, 11:04 AM   #2
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I got sick of the million phone calls asking me for my vote and decided not to vote for anyone that called here. Unfortunately, there's no one left to vote for.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:09 AM   #3
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Jusr got back from voting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Makes you feel all good inside. Now I have the right to b*tch about our politicians[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:16 AM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Yes. And if you don't vote, you can't bitch.

I won't have a reason to bitch anyway, since alomost everybody I voted for will win. But such is life in a one-party Town/County/State.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 11-05-2002, 11:17 AM   #5
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Southern_

It could be like Iraq where the military watches you vote, and the only one on the ballot is Sadam Husein.

Not voting is exactly the same as voting for all the people that you don't like.

Don't be robbed of your rights.

jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:23 AM   #6
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Jack...just kidding, I will vote today. Always do.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:25 AM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

I used to work in politics, and I have to say this was the longest, most negative campaign cycle I've seen.

Old 11-05-2002, 01:45 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Jury duty yesterday - voted today.

My civic duty is fulfilled.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:02 PM   #9
cin

cin is on a distinguished road

I hung up on Rudy Giuliani yesterday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Actually it was a recording. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I don't live anywhere near Texas. Rudy's done ads for gov's of my state & another up here.
cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:32 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I voted....as I have for every election since 1985. I have a nice run going.

And you are correct....this is the dirtiest campaign in history....on all sides.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:03 PM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

I was talking to a congressional staffer on Sunday. Big day expected for the GOP in Texas today with possible exception of Dewhurst. So-so day for both parties nation-wide.

Old 11-05-2002, 05:28 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I voted with a mail ballot for Indiana...

Hopefully the Elephants will crush some puny donkeys today...
Old 11-05-2002, 05:32 PM   #13
MavsRich

MavsRich is on a distinguished road

Didn't bother voting, was to busy today. Sorry!
MavsRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:37 PM   #14
Dooby
Diamond Member

<< Didn't bother voting, was to busy today. Sorry! >>

Grrrrr....

Your profile says you are in Texas. You have 2 hours left.

If you don't vote, I hope the Gestapo barge down your door first.

Old 11-05-2002, 05:42 PM   #15
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Didn't bother voting, was to busy today. Sorry! >>

Too busy? The polls are still open (even on the East coast).

Do you know why someone can be 18 years old, able to vote, able to die for our country, able to serve jury duty yet not be able to drink a beer? Because the 18-21 crowd DOESN'T VOTE! There is age-discrimination because the targeted age group doesn't bother to defend itself by voting.

You can never be too busy to vote and yet have time to access the internet.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:17 PM   #16
Dooby
Diamond Member

No, there is age descrimination because the WW2 generation and the Baby-Boomers dwarf the below-40 population. Which is why you will never see a dime of social security and also have a 75% tax rate in a few years so that some bastard that got a tatoo at woodstock can play bingo every night.

Old 11-05-2002, 06:29 PM   #17
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

I finally got around to voting. I've voted every year since I was 18.

In the interest of time (getting the hell out of there before my kids ran riot) I voted a straight party ticket. Might have gone the other way on one or two, so some lucky candidate got a vote because my kids are wild boys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 06:46 PM   #18
Dooby
Diamond Member

Just so you know, you can vote straight party and still vote for the opposing candidate in specific races. Just mark the &quot;straight party&quot; box and then vote in any race you don't want that party's candidate to win. Lots of people don't know that, including some poll workers. But it says it clearly on the form.

Old 11-05-2002, 06:52 PM   #19
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Thanks, Dooby, but it's too late now. Sorry, didn't have time to read the form either. Maybe I should vote in Florida (just a joke). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 06:56 PM   #20
Dooby
Diamond Member

You live in Dallas? Trust me, I know a few places that will let you vote as many times as you want.

Old 11-05-2002, 07:21 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

<< You live in Dallas? Trust me, I know a few places that will let you vote as many times as you want. >>

That sickens my stomach.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:28 PM   #22
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< You live in Dallas? Trust me, I know a few places that will let you vote as many times as you want. >>

I don't live in Dallas. I live in Austin where it's one person, one vote. Add one more thing to my list of why I don't live in Dallas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 11:52 PM   #23
MavsRich

Exactly why I didn't vote, it wont make a bit of difference to me whoever is voted into office.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:56 PM   #24
MFFL
Guru

<< Exactly why I didn't vote, it wont make a bit of difference to me whoever is voted into office. >>

I'm pretty sure a lot of people said that when Hitler was voted into office. One politician is pretty much the same as another...
Old 11-06-2002, 12:07 AM   #25
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

It's good to see so many of you vote.
It's a bit sad to see the voting figures in the US
when you think about all the people around the world
that have absolutely no say in who makes the big decisions
that effect there lives.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:17 AM   #26
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit sad to see the voting figures in the US
when you think about all the people around the world
that have absolutely no say in who makes the big decisions
that effect there lives.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have lived overseas and I feel very lucky to be an American...
Old 11-06-2002, 12:26 AM   #27
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

When I moved to CA last August, I registered and then voted in their elections. I was scared to death when a Texas voter card was forwarded to me in the mail!! How could i have been registered in two states at once??? I ripped it up, and hoped I couldn't get in any trouble for this situation.

But, I will always vote - no matter how little it may seem to matter to others.

On election day in 2000, I accidently double parked in two metered spots. Turns out, I didn't change for either spot. I couldn't move my car though because the battery died. But I still went inside and voted (trying desperately to resist having a stroke) - I was terrified I'd have 20 tickets on my windshield when I got out.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:44 AM   #28
Drbio
Banned

It looks like a great night for Republicans in Texas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 12:47 AM   #29
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Great Elephant Rearing in Triumph
Old 11-06-2002, 01:19 AM   #30
MavsRich

I think it's pretty obvious that the Reps have the whole damn thing rigged anyway, but that's just my opinion. All the voting problems and what not definitely points to that. It wont affect me 1 way or the other to be honest with you.......
Old 11-06-2002, 01:20 AM   #31
Drbio
Banned

Rigged? You are ignorant if you believe that. That is just laughable.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:59 AM   #32
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Hahaha... those are some pretty stupid comments mavrich... We don't have rigged elections like the soon to be liberated people of Iraq...
Old 11-06-2002, 02:26 AM   #33
MavsRich

Yes, I do belive that Drbio and you are the ignorant one for calling some ignorant for stating their opinion. You've said alot of things on this board I dont agree with, but I have never called you ignorant for it. Since that's the type of game you want to play, I will start calling you ignorant for every thing you say that I don't agree with. How's that?
Old 11-06-2002, 03:19 AM   #34
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

In Australia it's compulsory to vote, in fact you get fined 50 bucks if you don't. But if you don't want to vote for some reason, you can just go get your name ticked off, and draw a picture on your ballot and put it in the box. Taxes over here are 48% if you earn over 70,000 aus (about $40,000 us) mainly because we spend so much on welfare. We spend more on social welfare than health and education combined. (that blows)
Old 11-06-2002, 03:25 AM   #35
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Mavrich, I never called you ignorant and I'm not trying to play a &quot;type of game&quot;... But your statement that this election is &quot;rigged&quot; by Republicans is madness. I have never had any problem with anything that you have posted on this forum before, but maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention to your evidently strange beliefs. How on earth could you possibly imagine that our electoral process is corrupt? If you or anyone else really thinks that the electoral process of the Great Republic is corrupt or &quot;fixed&quot; I would really love to hear you elaborate upon your extravagent and bizarre beliefs...

Also, if you ever feel the need to call me &quot;ignorant&quot;, feel free to do so... I usually am...
Old 11-06-2002, 06:12 AM   #36
MavsRich

Hey EvilMav, if you would have bothered to read my post(and the ones above) carefully you would see that my post was not directed at you.

I call it like I see it, and once again it wont affect me 1 way or the other. This election was pretty damn lopsided, and they are sure having alot of problems with the voting these days. If you guys like voting, then fine vote. If you have your opinions about voting, then fine have your opinions. Everyone do not have to agree with you, and they are definitely not ignorant or stupid if they don't. I am entitled to my opinion just like you all. That's my opinion, and I will be a man and stand by it.

Oh by the way, they are having to count over 200,000 votes as I type.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:37 AM   #37
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

<< I think it's pretty obvious that the Reps have the whole damn thing rigged anyway, but that's just my opinion. All the voting problems and what not definitely points to that. It wont affect me 1 way or the other to be honest with you....... >>

mavsrich, YOU took away YOUR OWN vote.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:43 AM   #38
Dooby
Diamond Member

OK, we can ship this thread off to the Lounge.

Mavsrich, you are such a disappointment. Elections aren't rigged or bought. Elections are won with superior organizations. The days of the old political machines are gone. Regardless, the political machines were all democratic machines anyway.

Old 11-06-2002, 09:25 AM   #39
Drbio
Banned

It is ignorant to proclaim that elections are rigged by Republicans MavsPoor. Now that I have pondered it, I meant to include you in the pathologically stupid or dumbass class. Maybe we should hold a vote?
Old 11-06-2002, 09:35 AM   #40
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

I vote that you all drop it and stop fighting.