Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future
Default Mark Cuban and Others to be on Raw Tonight

I'm not sure if there are any wrestling fans on here but since this is Mav related, I don't think this thread is unwarranted.

WWE Monday Night Raw is in Dallas tonight at the AAC, and our very own Mark Cuban is hosting the show.

Also, in what could be a fun spot, it looks like players will be at the arena as well and might take part in the show. Shawn Marion twittered that he along with others will be participating tonight. It could be an interesting watch, just to see what happens.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Yea will be watching, was a big wrestling fan. Don't ever really watch that much these days but i will for sure catch this episode of Raw. Wish i bought tickets, would of loved to be there.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 12-07-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Yep Shawn Marion, Timmy T, Gooden and Singleton is in attendance, they just showed them on TV greeting John Cena.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 12-07-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #4
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I turned on the TV and this was on. I don't know how anyone watches it. It is painful. The Nets are more entertaining.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Yes indeed it is painful, hard to watch. Wrestling these days is just meh, and the celebrity guest host thing is just painful each week. But I'm getting a good chuckle about tonight at least

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 12-07-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

i missed the first half hour, what did i miss
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Not much, just cube talking loudly and assigning matches. Also got into a confrontation with Randy Orton with Legacy, which they were bashing the mavs and lol they even brought up the Kmart thing from the playoffs.

:edit: oh and Mark said he will be the special referee in the main event.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 12-07-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

crap. wish i wouldn't have missed that! mark being a referee? that's like dirk wearing a spurs jersey, it just isn't right!
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #9
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

lol

Actually the match is now, thought it was the main event.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #10
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

lol MC is a terrible actor. i love it though! hahaha

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #11
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Lmao Mark screwed Orton with a super fast count.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 12-07-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #12
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

lol Mark gets thrown into a table to finish the show.

And the mavs sitting courtside comes out to scare seamus away, though a lil late to do so.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 12-08-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #13
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

LOL... that was actually a pretty wicked bump that Mark took. You have to have some guts to take a table shot like he did. Good stuff.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 12-07-2009 at 11:14 PM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #14
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I like how the Mavs in attendence came out of the crowd after Cuban got smashed into the table, like they were saying, "you mess with him, we mess with you." And those Mavs are freaking intimidating...Gooden, Marion, Singleton, TT.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:56 AM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I find it disappointing that anyone connected to the Mavericks organization would associate themselves with something like this.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #16
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I find it disappointing that anyone connected to the Mavericks organization would associate themselves with something like this.
May I ask why?

I also find it weird how people still see as wrestling as taboo. Wrestling is as main stream as any other sport now a days imo. And yes I know it's fake. But these guys put their bodies through more hell than any athlete on the planet.

As long as it's all in fun, then what's wrong with it?

I'm just as diehard a wrestling fan as I am a Maverick fan though, so tonight was a pretty special one for me. Now, if only Dirk was there.. the place would've exploded.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 12-08-2009 at 01:02 AM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #17
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
I'm just as diehard a wrestling fan as I am a Maverick fan though, so tonight was a pretty special one for me. Now, if only Dirk was there.. the place would've exploded.
Ditto bro

And yea, i wish Dirk was there in attendance. That would of been interesting, the ubermon vs the fighting irish . And i kinda wish that was JJB put through the table insteald :P
Old 12-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Sports involves competition.

I guess I don't understand it fully. I plead ignorance.

I'm glad some people like it. I just don't.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:37 AM   #19
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

It's certainly not for everybody, absolutely understood. And you're right, it's not a sport it's very much a form of entertainment.

I get ridiculed for watching wrestling all the time (not saying that's what your doing Flacolaco.) So I get defensive at times when talking about 'rasslin.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:46 AM   #20
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I like how the Mavs in attendence came out of the crowd after Cuban got smashed into the table, like they were saying, "you mess with him, we mess with you." And those Mavs are freaking intimidating...Gooden, Marion, Singleton, TT.
TT strikes fear into the hearts of everyone
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I concur
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #22
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Are you guys upset because the Mav's organization was involved in something that is all fake and the outcomes are pre-determined and the refs are basically jokes that are just there for our amusement and the guys who will net the most money are always the ones that move to the top?

If that's the case, they should probably get out of the NBA as well.

BA-ZING!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #23
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Especially in the hearts of lovers of good basketball.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #24
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The peanut gallery is rockin' it today...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #25
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hope you're not saying this due to the fact that the WWE is scripted. After all, the Mavs are in the NBA.

Last edited by bernardos70; 12-08-2009 at 11:24 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

^^ The man's got a point.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #27
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Yup, his blown kisses strike fear into everyone who sees them. I mean, duh. Look at how Dirk played after he recieved one! Oh, wait...

Seriously touhgh, Gooden and Singleton especially were all ghetto-ed up.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #28
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I think basketball, like WWE, is not really about competition but rather entertainment value. That said, we definitely have the most entertaining owner in the league.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:24 AM   #29
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to point out the subtle disparagement of wrestling that occurred when this thread was moved from the Mavs forum to the Lounge, rather than the Other Sports Talk forum.

Carry on.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I just wanted to point out the subtle disparagement of wrestling that occurred when this thread was moved from the Mavs forum to the Lounge, rather than the Other Sports Talk forum.

Carry on.
Well wrestling is most certainly not a sport, so it was appropriate.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #31
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well wrestling is most certainly not a sport, so it was appropriate.
Don't tell that to the folks down in Alabama and Mississippi.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #32
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I moved the thread. If anyone has a problem with it I'd be happy to read your post and then continue with my day.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #33
LonghornDub

Quote:
I moved the thread. If anyone has a problem with it I'd be happy to read your post and then continue with my day.
I hope you're not insinuating that I have a problem with it? I thought it was hilarious.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

No, certainly not.

I was pleased you pointed it out.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Don't tell that to the folks down in Alabama and Mississippi.
Well, to clarify, REAL wrestling is obviously a sport.

WWE is obviously not.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #36
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well, to clarify, REAL wrestling is obviously a sport.

WWE is obviously not.
WWE wrestlers are stealing real rasslers jobs left and right...

(maybe because real rasslin' is gay?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #37
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #38
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

heh i watched it. i've been a wrestling fan since i was 13. WWE sucks though. i still watch but it just sucks compared to how it used to be. It was pretty cool to see Cuban as a host though. I thought he was one of the better hosts compared to others. i wish the mavs got more involved though. they kinda came out WAY WAY too late. you don't back up your buddy by coming out minutes AFTER he is beat up. In real life, i'm sure they would had come out right after Cuban was pushed down the first time.

TNA is far better wrestling than WWE anyways...
Old 12-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

So Benjamin Linus, Dr.Marvin Candle, etc.. were on RAW? Was Juliette?
Old 12-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't think it was "THE others"